Monday, December 17, 2007

Back from Wisconsin










I'm back from cold Wisconsin - problem is, I seem to have brought the cold with me! I saw weather reports for Austin showing temperatures around 30 today...ugh. Hopefully it doesn't mean snow like this!


I had a great visit - very busy. Thursday I spent the day with my dad. He got his John Deer tractor fitted with a snowblower recently, and it was delivered while I was there.
I stayed at mom's and we had some lovely dinners, like paella and pastas. She also made my favorite toffee bars! We stopped at Trader Joe's on the way home and got my favorite beer as well - cheers! I sure missed my Capital brews!

Friday I visited my Aunt Linda in the morning. We had a great time catching up.







Later, mom and I had lunch with our friend, Gerry Quesinberry. She is a great lady and is now doing Mary Kay full time. Free shipping!



Friday night dad took us to Newport Shores for dinner - they now have lobster on the menu and we enjoyed that along with a filet mignon. mmmmm!!

Here's my review on citysearch.com Apparently mine is the only one.


Saturday I spent the morning with dad and then went to lunch with Dr. Paul Shepherd, the veterinarian I worked for when I first got interested in going into vet. med. He just built a new clinic and it's great! It was great catching up. Here is their website:
http://www.saukvillevet.com/

Friday afternoon mom and I, along with her sisters, went to a baby shower for her second cousin. There I met Angelina for the first time since she was a baby...here she is with her grandma (my aunt Donna). So cute!



Here is my aunt Jill, cousin Burgundy, and my mom.









Afterward, we found out about a santa hay ride and joined in the fun. Angelina got to sit with Santa for the first time ever.










Here is me with my cousin, Burgundy:

















Aunt Donna and Angelina with Mr. and Mrs. Claus in the background.

Then we went back to Aunt Linda's to chat. She collects Christmas decorations and the action/music ones are her favorite. Here is a video of one.

=

Saturday it snowed all day! By Saturday night the roads were getting treacherous. Ryan wanted to take Amy out for her birthday but instead we had a small get together at their apartment to celebrate. They have a really great place in Fredonia that has vaulted ceilings and a balcony.


Here is Ryan, Amy, Cori and Titus in front of their enormous Christmas tree.








Merry Christmas Everyone!! I loved my visit and miss you all lots.





2 comments:

Mark Meyer said...

I enjoyed the Keystone Light that accompanied the dancing snowman!

Roxanne said...

Yes, apparently it's their favorite beer now...I like how she subtly moved it out of the frame.