Monday, May 30, 2011

Chirpy II

Maryland Cave crickets are gross and huge.. and they live in our basement. Today Evie found one in the living room and said "Hi!!" Then she became scared, and I had to grab it and put it in her Critter Jar. So now we have a new pet... Chripy II* aka Mr. Cricket. I put him in Evie's critter jar with the intent to show him to her and then let him go. When Evie was eating her hamburger for dinner, I dropped a little chunk in there to see that he would do.. and he ate his own body weight in hamburger!!!!! Thats when I knew an animal this awesome cannot be released back into the wild. I will keep him and he will live the good life with me, eating hamburger and cookies for as long as he shall live. Long live Chirpy II!
* For those who did not know Chirpy I, I am sorry for you, he was a Triop that brought happiness to everyone he met. RIP Chirpy I

1 comment:

Kate said...

I wish I could love this. I would like to love anything named Chirpy, but big crickets gross me out. They are like cockroaches to me. I wish you and Chirpy II the best, though. I'm disturbed that he eats hamburger.