Monday, April 12, 2010

Evolution exhibit revisited

During J Lo's visit we were able to visit the Texas Memorial Museum yet again. We love the place and take just about everyone who comes here there. As some of you may remember, they have a great evolution exhibit on the top floor and the comment book provides us with much amusement every time we go. I have written about some of these comments before. Below is a little update on some new comments.

Good question? Unfortunately I don't think you will find the answer in a museum.. or anywhere for that matter... but I admire your asking... kudos. I frequently write"What is love?" and "Why are we here?" on comment cards, just to be deep, so I know where this guy is coming from.


Ah "I really didn't want to come to this exhibit, but I had to" let me translate that: I live my live according to these 3 monkeys.


I will not open my mind to any new ideas.. I will meet them not with skepticism, but rather a closed mind."



Sounds like the words of an Evolousion expert to me. "How could all thise stuff come out of no where?" Good question.... I have no response to that.... However, I'm sorry, I missed the section in the exhibit where they argued against Jesus dying for you and me. Good counterpoint though.

Anti-evolution morons use this argument all the time and I love it. It basically states, that they have no problem with a say finch species, over time, giving rise to 2 species... or organisms in a species separated by a geographical barrier, diverging from each other over time... However when you propose taking many of these"micro" phenomenon and placing them back to back to back.. over millions of years... then they have a problem! No! Evolution is not a tree! only tiny branches.. very tiny branches coming out of the ground (Creation).. kind of like grass...ugh. The inability to see that macroevolution is just many many microevolution steps strung together over time always baffles me.



This is my favorite... First, You don't have to be a believer... I am not a "believer" in the Pythagorean theorem, but I am aware of its validity. Secondly NO ONE EVER EVER SAID WE CAME FROM CHIMPS! We have a common ancestor... whose bones have been found. Its a fact.

"I will ask God when I see him, You can ask King Kong."

Does it get any awesomer than that? I think not.


Here we are monkeying around with some chimps that ate 99% similar to us at a DNA level, but we clearly have no evolutionary relationship to.


Good day.

2 comments:

~Bananas! said...

the macro vs micro commentary was good stuff. I haven't run into that before... I guess that with the belief that the earth is 6000 years comes this micro evolution stuff; so perhaps these micro folks have "open minds"... certainly more so than the one that wrote the king kong komment. It's a jungle out there!!

Gabby and Chris said...

s fgg df g bbggggggbbgbbbbbbbgg nnhhgkl

-Maggie

Thanks for making me laugh
-G