Tuesday, April 27, 2010

new car !

We've been wanting a new car for a long time now. Clarify...I'VE been wanting a new car for a while now. It freaks me out that jack drives EV around in the Metro (even though its only to and from daycare). I don't even want to think about what would happen if they were in an accident.

This year I've been my own business. I don't know if anyone is really aware of that but, yeah, I'm a free agent so to speak. So I've had to set aside a certain percentage of my income in preparation for tax time. Well, tax time came around and there was some extra left! Yay! So, time to look into getting an upgrade.
Isn't she pretty? We got a Honda CRV w/34K miles on it. It's got leather seats, a moon roof, radio controls on the steering wheel, heated seats (not that I need them in TX, but hey, not complaining that they're included), 6-CD changer, satellite radio ready, a few other fancy pants features. I love it. The drive is smooth and feels "solid". I drove a Nissan Rogue and a Hyandi Santa Fe as well as a Kia Sportage to compare. The Kias are inexpensive, but for a reason I think. Not like super bad, but not the smoothest ride ever.

We went to Caaaramax (spelled imperfectly for a reason) and had a great experience. no haggle at a competitive price . They also have a 5-day money back guarantee so you can return it for any reason within five days and get a full refund. Our mechanic will be inspecting it for us on Thurs. Let's pray they find nothing! I love this car.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! I got my Mazda from Enterprise--gently used and no haggling. Haggling is for suckas!It'll be nice for both of you to have an upgrade. ;)

emily said...

That is a good-looking car!

marta said...

good bye metro, hello sweet ride! nice work.

Roxanne said...

No problems on inspection by our mechanic! Yay...the CRV is ours!

casey said...

Wait. What's happening to the metro? Is Jack driving your car now Rx?

Roxanne said...

yes, jack is driving the civic. the metro is still around, but we need to get that thing on Craig's list!!