Saturday, January 22, 2011

curly girls

Hello all!


First, I'd like to extend a big "thank you!" to our best blog commenter, Kate. She also happens to be jack's sister and has referred me to one of the best books of my life...."The Curly Girl's Handbook".
It just came in the mail and I read a few chapters this morning. I've started my transition back to curly girl and plan to hide my straightener from myself! I have been straightening it for so long I forgot what I looked like curly. But now I've noticed lots of dried and split ends....it's time to go natural and (hopefully) healthier.

There is a whole chapter on childrens' curly hair too! Yay for Evie since I've been washing her hair w/harsh shampoos every time we bathe her, which is a big no no for curly hair. Therefore, this morning we went with the "Curly Girl" way and this is the result:


Before:




After:






Look at those curls! I'm so excited.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! Evie's curls are sooo cute! I hope your frizzball is doing better.

Unknown said...

I hardly remember you with curly hair anymore, I want to see a picture of you too! Evie's curls look beautiful :)

kathyp53 said...

I love those curls! She's so cute!

Roxanne said...

ha - my frizzball is coming along. I am experimenting but it's getting there. Care - I never liked how I looked with curly hair, so if it doesn't work this time I think my next step is to just shave my head.

Rachel and Russell said...

I love Evie's curls! Hope yours come out just as nice! I second the request for pics.

Pat said...

"Curly Girl" is a favorite of Kate's.
I love how it changed Evie - good luck with it, Rx. Hair is hard to live with/figure out. Do you remember the Santa pic with you, Jack and Louie? - your hair was curly then and very nice!