Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Afternoon



After sleeping in today I spent the better half of the day putting on Texas licence plates on the metro. Evidently the screws had rusted, my power screwdriver wouldnt even budge them, applying enough pressure to move them a little them meant they were soon stripped beyond repair. I had to put the back Tx plate on over the MO plate. Like a redneck James Bond. I drilled holes in the plastic bumper, I was suprised how little pressure it took to drill a hole in my bumper, I think a hot butter knife might have worked also. I finally got it on the front and back on after a trip to home depot and an auto parts store.












Anyway, after that fiasco Rx and I went to Ladybird lake for some hiking... There are good views of the downtown and a suprising amount of birds to watch





A free pound of brisket to whoever can name these birds (below)... I call them "turkey-ducks" as they seem to have the head of a turkey (complete with snood) and swim like a duck. I have never seen them before.
Perhaps the greatest bird of all was the mighty rust colored eagle fighting the



ladybird lake brown trout! Kirk would be proud.... more likely he would fight him for dominance in a head bobbing ritual.

We were all tired out when we were done....here is Rx crashed out on the "couch of cats", unable to move under Priscilla's hyponotic stare - and her weight.

3 comments:

j_bone_tx said...

The turkey duck is actually a moscovy duck if anyone cares.. apparently no one does

Dawnie Darko said...

Oh yeah, we learned about these in class! They are indeed Muscovy Ducks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscovy_Duck

Rx, it's good your don't work at a normal clinic anymore becuase with Prissy Pants that fat, you'd be a hypocrite lecturing owners on feline obesity :)

Mine is over 13 lbs again ... sigh. Why are fat cats so hard to get thin? It's really frigging HARD to NOT let a cat get fat that wants to get fat. I swear I'm going to invent that auto-feeder someday that only lets the right cat in to eat....

Rachel said...

I care! Freaking strange birds. Beautiful pics of downtown.