Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whole Fools & The Peach of Destiny

What a snow job. I went to Whole Foods today because I'd heard how awesome their fruit is. Alright, I'll give it a shot. I picked out a peach and then saw they had cherries. The sign below the cherries said $1.99/#. I grabbed a bag (about a hand full) and headed for the register. The peach rang up at $1.02 - no prob, the cherries? $13.50!!! for may be 1/2 a pound. The person at the register explained that they were organic, so they're a little more expensive.

What kinda racket is this? What kind of people have so much money that they can waste it on a few cherries for 14 bucks!? I'm very sad that Austin is the home of Whole Foods and that they're everywhere....I really miss Trader Joe's :(

I let him keep the cherries, and took the peach home. It better be a freakin' awesome peach.

Second installment.....The peach:

So, I just got done with my work out.

I bought a new abs video ....








That totally kicked my butt....















So, of course now I have a hankering for an awesome peach....so here we go. I bring it out of the bag and, hey wait a minute....are peaches supposed to have mold on them?


I didn't think so, but hey it's an organic peach - so may be it's okay.

Let's just slice her open and check it out.

Well, this isn't looking too good It came apart all mealy and didn't really come off the pit. I ate a little bit - had to have a taste - but I can't say it was up to all the hype.

I guess I'll stick to my plain old pesticide-laden fruit from now on.

No comments: