Wednesday, June 4, 2008

ACL schedule

We are considering going to the Austin City Limits festival in September... it is expensive, but there are a lot of shows... Of the shows I really want to see though there are scheduling conflicts!!! Damn... check these out... Beck or Robert Plant and Allison Krauss... its hard to choose... I think either would be awesome...of these 2 I might pick Beck just because Robert Plant is starting to look like an old poodle. Only because Allison Krauss is there can you tell the difference between these two photos...On Sunday... the last night the Foo Fighters are alone, as they should be, but Gnarls Barkley and the Raconteurs are playing at the same time!!!
Gimme a break!!, I would have to go with Gnarls on probably... I think Rx would say the same thing. We probably wont go anyway as we don't watch much live music anyway... who knows.. maybe we'll splurge...



7 comments:

Roxanne said...

Also, it's going to be 120 in the shade and crowded as hell....am I sounding old? Rx

lmp123 said...

You should go for Okkervil River alone!!! They put on a great live show.

lmp123 said...

But then again, they're Austinites so they probably play there frequently, and you could see them in a climate-controlled environment for a bunch less cash.

JB said...

I must sheepishly admit I have never heard of them, I just listened to them on itunes and they sound good. which album should I get.

lmp123 said...

we have stage names and black sheep boy; both are good.

Donnie & Heather said...

I would say go to the foo fighters. I have yet to see them live but I hear they put on a fantastic concert.

Donnie & Heather said...

You should also go see Robert Plant, maybe he will bite someone on stage and give them rabies. Or maybe Allison grooms him between sets. You never know what you might see with a human poodle mix.