Friday, June 6, 2008

cold activated bottles

I saw on the boob tube tonight that Coors light has "cold activated bottles" that show blue mountains when cold and white mountains when warm.

Are you joking me? Was telling whether a beer was cold or not EVER a problem? Coors has totally cornered the "people wearing welding gloves who just put new beers in the fridge and mixed them up with the old ones" demographic. Or maybe the "quadriplegics that control a bottle opener/beer grabber with their teeth, and just arrived at a barbecue and some beers have been on the table for an undetermined amount of time" demographic. How about making it not taste like crap? How many people you got working on that Coors? Is the whole world going crazy? Am I becoming Andy Rooney?



Addendum: I am STILL utterly perplexed by this; it is driving me crazy!!... Anyone who touches a beer (who does not suffer from Charcot-Marie-Tooth Syndrome ) immediately knows whether the beer is cold or not right? Ah ha, there is 1 notable exception: people who have put coozies (koozies?) on their beers. This is the ONLY time (other than the scenarios above) where a visual cue would aid in helping you determine whether your beer is cold or not... However with a coozie snuggly in place on your beer. . . . YOU CANNOT SEE THE MOUNTAINS!!!! Please if you can think of a reason why this would possibly be necessary PLEASE TELL ME!! I am going crazy!!

2 comments:

~Bananas! said...

I'm pretty sure it's all in the... SCABS!!!

caitlin said...

I love that you blogged about this! I also put a post up on my blog regarding the completely unecessary Hypercolor-like technology they've added. Like, people were just wondering, "But when is it COLD?" Keep up the funny posts.