Monday, August 18, 2008

Interesting Spam


A Christian take on the old Nigerian (or 419) scam. I am sure the author of this upholds Christian morals just like G.W. Bush or Ralph Reed.

Dear Beloved In Christ,

I BRING YOU CALVARY GREETINGS! I am Mrs judith robert from Cape Verde, I am married to Mr. David robert , I and my late husband was into, Estate management and also a Government Estate Building Contractor before my husband death on January 25 2007. We were married for eleven years without a child due to my fibriod problem. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days.Before his death we were both born again Christian. Since my husband death I have been diagnosed with esophageal cancer . When my late husband was alive we deposited the sum of $3.8Million (USD) dollars in a security company.Presently the money is still in the security company. Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Four months due to cancer problem. From all indications, my condition is really deteriorating and is quite obvious that I may not live more than two months, because the cancer stage has gotten to a very dangerous stage . Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to good person that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want to you use at last 80% this fund for orphanages, widows and and also propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained and take the remaining 20% to take good care of your good God Given Home. l took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money . This is why I am taking this decision to donate this fund for charity. I am not afraid of death hence I know were I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord.Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health .My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth, always be prayerful all through your life. Write to me on the this email address immediately and any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another good person, for this same purpose.Assure me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein. Hoping to receive your response immedaitely.Thanks and Remain blessed in the Lord.l remain yours sister in Christ.Mrs judith robert
Some interesting data I lifted from the Georgia Consumer website:

According to the Internet Crime Complaint Center, the Nigerian scams accounted for the highest losses per incident of any reported Internet-related financial crime in 2005 with an average loss of $5,000, a surge of 60 percent per incident over the rate in 2004.
A Dutch private investigation firm which has studied the problem for a decade estimates that U.S. companies and individuals lost $720 million dollars in 2005. Consumers in the United Kingdom lost $520 million. Nigerian scam losses from 37 countries in 2005 approached $3.2 billion dollars.
Of the Nigerian scam criminals who could be traced, 71% lived in the U.S. Nigeria accounted for the next highest portion, 7.9%.
These scams are also referred to as "419 scams", after the Nigerian penal code addressing fraud.
Update: Just got this one 2 minutes ago...
FROM MISS MARY ADAMS
IVORY COAST WEST AFRICA
DEAREST ONE

I AM MISS MARY ADAMS FROM IVORY COAST AND I AM CONTACTING YOU BECAUSE I NEED YOUR HELP IN THE MANAGEMENT OF A SUM OF MONEY THAT MY DEAD FATHER LEFT FOR ME BEFORE HE DIED.THIS MONEY IS USD 7.8 MILLION AMERICAN DOLLARS AND THE MONEY IS IN A PRIVATE BANK HERE IN ABIDJAN. MY FATHER WAS A VERY RICH COCOA FARMER AND HE WAS POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS COLLEAGUES AND NOW I WANT YOU TO STAND AS MY GUIDIAN AND APPOINTED BENEFICIARY AND RECEIVE THE MONEY IN YOUR COUNTRY SINCE I AM ONLY 21 YEARS AND WITHOUT MOTHER OR FATHER. PLEASE I WILL LIKE YOU TO REPLY TO THIS EMAIL SO THAT I WILL TELL YOU ALL THE INFORMATION SO THAT THIS MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO YOU SO THAT YOU WILL GET ME PAPERS TO TRAVEL TO YOUR COUNTRY TO CONTINUE MY EDUCATION THERE.WAITING FOR YOUR URGENT RESPONSE.
FROM MISS MARY ADAMS

No comments: