Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New House!!!!!!!

We have a new house! (okay, we didn't buy it, but in Austin renting a home, or "leasing" as they say, takes about as much effort as buying one. Good ones turn over the same day they are on the market practically.). We really needed more space with the baby and all. Baby accoutrement in our current tiny apt would be ridiculous.

We took some pics of the new place:

We will have a blue Kitchen (I was really excited about the color I thought it was beautiful..Roxanne was just excited about the space. We always seem to be running into each other in the coffin sized kitchen we have now.) Off the Kitchen is the great room; complete with fireplace (a real necessity down here in the 5th circle of hell). Seriously though, you can't NOT get a place in Austin with a fireplace it is ridiculous. No one ever uses them, and they take up wall space, but I digress. The mantle will be a great place for my 1987 Coal Miners' Days Frog Jumping Contest trophy (send that one down mom).I don't have a good picture of our bedroom to show, but take my word for it, it is HUGE!!! like 2 times the size of our current one. Lets put it this way, after we put in our huge bed and Ikea bedroom set in there we will have room for the Metro and a good part of the Civic. But alas we wont need to do that because we have a Garage!! Here I am measuring the W/D space in the awesome 2 car garage! Finally somewhere to do my woodworking!Garden Tub (great for bathing and growing vegetables)
Double Vanity! This will be a time saver in the morning! We gained a second bathroom too with this house (it just gets better and better).

Here is the side porch, finally a place to grill! We cant grill in our apt, and it is killing us! In Madison we grilled every other day in the 2-3 weeks of summer we got.

We are both excited about the yard (complete with tree house!!!) Hell yeah! Lou is gonna love it (the yard not the tree house). I am painting my "No Girls Allowed" sign as I am writing this.

Roxanne is already busy planning what to do with the baby room, and we still have a spare bedroom (in addition to the baby room) in case anyone wants to come visit. In describing the new house it really made me realize how much I dislike this tiny apt we are in now. We are so excited to move into our big boy house!!

9 comments:

marta said...

congrats on the new house! it should make living in the "fifth circle of hell" more pleasant.

~Bananas! said...

That place is going to be great! The morning's have autumn in the air; I'm beginning to believe in your "2-3 weeks of summer".

dwstaple said...

I'm going to let the 2-3 weeks of summer line slide, because I'm happy for you.

Rachel said...

Forget the spare room -- Russ wants to stay in the tree house when we next visit. If no girls are (conveniently) allowed, guess I'll have to take advantage of the spare room. :)

JB said...

Thanks DW, it was a cheap shot. We still love madtown. Russ is more than welcome to backyard camp with me in the tree house, He will just have to watch out for scary stories told from my flashlight illuminated face.

Rachel and Russell said...

I'm just glad to see that you have a fireplace, phew!

emily said...

this will be perfect for when Casey and I come to visit because Casey loves baths!

chris said...

looks like a nice home. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Congrats. Looks great