Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane update.. and rant...

I get bored when Rx works overnights...

Mmmmmmmm...

Anyway...
Hurricane update: After a 100% chance of rain was predicted for Austin for Saturday we got a total of 0.00 inches. Although I am certainly thankful we dodged a bullet that affected millions in this state, I just cant get over those weathermen clowns. Evidently they don't know the meaning of 100%. They did the same thing a week ago when a front came through, and we saw a total of 0.000 inches. That seems to me to be the definition of incompetence. There is no recourse for them either.. How bad can they screw up and still keep their jobs? If they played reruns from last year's weather for a month would anyone notice? It would seem to me that making 2 100% predictions in 2 weeks and having them totally be 100% wrong would warrant firing.

Since they have shown that a coin flip can do as well or better than them at weather prediction, I have resorted to just looking at maps and determining what will happen myself. I use weather underground. It is a more manageable site than weather.com. Thank you and good day.

No comments: