Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Parents are in town... we did some fun stuff.. Ikea, Rudy's BBQ, walkin Lou in the park by the new house, and campus touring. Rx is away at a conference and has the camera so no pics. As I suspected, my mom totally loved Ikea and now wants to come back to Austin to visit Ikea (and maybe us too if there is time). Unfortunately there are so few stores in the US, Austin is lucky to have one. For my parents in MO the nearest one is 6 hours away in Chicago or 7 hrs in the twin cities or 11 hours to Dallas. Its Ridiculous. For more on how awesome Ikea is check out this post.


1 comment:

chris said...

most of the furniture in my office in shanghai is ikea. interesting, eh?

i've decided the only thing better than ikea is craigslist ikea. SF has a glut of ikea, so recently i've just checked craigslist for what i want and purchased it there for even less than at the real store.