Friday, January 9, 2009

Sweet Tweet Mobile

Our friends L & D at our sister blog Dirtysmoot send us a Sweet Tweet Mobile (presumably for the baby). We were a bit confused at first as there was no indication as to who sent the mobile. I am glad we found out though. Even without knowing the sender, I was immediately enthralled with the idea of doing something crafty for the baby. I don't think I have painted anything other than an occasional wall or house exterior in 15 years. I was excited to give painting the mobile a go. While Rx shared my enthusiasm, I could sense there was a twinge of hesitation in letting me paint something that will reside so prominently in the baby's room, which up until now has been Roxanne's exclusive, matching, themed, nesting domain. I stayed up til 3 am painting it. I hope I did a good job, but I was comforted to know that babies have poor eyesight so they cant tell if I messed anything up.


Don't laugh at my crappy painting!! Babies can't tell... right Roxanne?


Thanks L & D for the mobile... I will procure some fishing line and string it up soon!!

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

I think you did a great job! I was a little worried that it wasn't sage green but now I realize it will be a beautiful addition to the baby's room.

lmp123 said...

It looks lovely...what cute little birdies! I'm glad you guys like it!

~Bananas! said...

I think it looks great!

Unknown said...

That's super cute! Good job Jack!