Friday, June 5, 2009

garden update

So... mixed results with the garden so far... The zucchini crop is underwhelming.. I have 1 zucchini for 6 plants. There may be more to come, but the rolly pollys are attacking them big time!! I used to love rolly pollys.. now they are my sworn enemy. Here is my plant diaper trying to keep them out fo the open wound they created.

This is the panarama of the sideyard. you can see there is a lot of green not necessarily translating into a lot of veggies....

The hanging plants are faring better... behold my bounty!!!!!! we have about 6 tomatoes so far... unfortunately I think this is the extent of my green pepper bounty (I only had 1 plant).. We are eager to try the yellow pepper to see how hot it is...





For about a month now I have been mowing around a weed in the side yard... I saw its potential.. when others suggested... nay begged me to mow it, I said.. wait you'll see it will turn into something beautiful.. and alas it did!!!



2 comments:

~Bananas! said...

Rolly Pollies!!! that sure is a beautiful weed!

emily said...

I'm betting you will have more zucchini than you know what to do with soon enough.
We are still having some serious gopher problems. Casey is pretty much furious all the time.