Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mother's Log II

Well, since last post I've learned that a correction needs to be made: it's in the soon-to-be parents list.... M&J, N&J, and D&M!!

See, I knew I was right that they should be parents :)

Also, I realized that I left off an important parent that checks our blog often....besides the grandmas, whom I'm sure have some good input too, I forgot about Pegasus! As a mother of 3, she's basically the expert! Anyway, no one should ever be offended if I forget an initial here or there....i'm thinking of all of you!!
ok, on with the show.
Stardate June 28, 2009...4 months, one week plus on board Starship Pooperprise.

5. continued. Daycare doesn't just = sickness. I really feel like she's been more outgoing and aware of her surroundings since going there. She has fun there in the exersaucer and seeing the other babies. She also started looking in the mirror on their wall at daycare during her tummy time. I think it's really good for her to get out of the house and explore new people and a new place.
6. We put our little baby pool to work today and went "swimming". It's over 100 degrees today, so it's really all you can do if you want to be outside - be in some water somewhere. She enjoys the water now (and likes her baths too!). Nothing wears her out quicker than a little fun in the sun. She had a snack and went straight for a nap after her little "swim" . For babies, a sunscreen of 50+ is best of course so she gets that...plus I put a little hat on her for outside.



7. She's been kicking her feet up and holding them with her hands. This is about the cutest thing I think I'm ever going to see in my life. This morning she rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time ever. She hasn't repeated it yet but i'll get it on film as soon as it happens.
So what this means for mommies is that you can't leave baby on the bed by herself anymore, she may roll herself off. Also, don't walk away from the changing table for even a second. It's funny, when you first go to baby classes they say to never walk away from the changing table ever. Now, don't call child protective services on me, but up until now she basically didn't move whenever she was set down. So, I could go grab something quick or whatever and not worry. Well now that she's got her feet up in the air she could fling herself around pretty easily.
What's also funny is that those changing table pads have a belt on them, as if this 1# thing is going to stop her from flying off the side if she really wanted to. Now, a lot of changing tables have an edge on them and that is why they are the recommended type. I don't have one of those, but it's okay, I'll be careful, don't worry and, in the future she can use it as a dresser. Anyway, get one with an edge if you want to be safe as safe can be.


8. Wipe warmer - keep it from drying out! I keep forgetting this and the little spongy pad at the bottom is all but burned up. It's frustrating (and pretty funny at the same time ;)

Here we are "sunbathing" (in the shade) after our little swim.





Here's looking at you kid....
Here is another video we took today. It is Evie's little kissy/smiley reaction when we put our face up to hers. It's a fun game and babies love it....sorry for my goofy giggle at the end there.


2 comments:

Gabby and Chris said...

yeah for the rolling over....she is growing up so fast! Before you know it she will be crawling after Bunny :)

Peggy said...

She is SO precious! I didn't even notice I wasn't on the previous post- the bonus of motherhood is your brain turns to mush so you are too oblivious to know if you are dissed :) As far as being an expert, hindsight is 20/20- you always have all the right answers AFTER your kids are past babyhood! I need lots of help in the school-age issues and now!

Peggy