Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween Protocol and Crib Assembly

For Halloween Rx worked and I stayed home and handed out treats. Dr. Loupta accompanied Rx to work as I would have gone crazy making Louie shut up and stop barking like a mad man every time the doorbell rang. This was my first time giving out candy. Relying on my memories from childhood, I thought all you had to do was turn your front porch light on and wait for Trick or Treaters to ring your doorbell and ask for treats. If you don't want to participate, just turn out your front porch light and you (probably) will not be bothered.... Evidently times have changed or more likely my locality has changed ("everything is weirder in Texas"). As I was watching TV waiting for trick or treaters to come by, I was wondering why no one was knocking on my door... I could hear people walking by, and see them out the window but they wouldn't come up to my door. I began wondering if my house was on some sex offender website or something. I finally got tired of this and waited for a big group and ambushed them with my candy bowl and walked down to the sidewalk to give them candy. That's when I noticed that my other neighbors who were participating in handing out candy were dressed up and sitting on their porches in lawn chairs waiting for kids! The kids weren't coming to my house because I wasn't waiting outside all night for them... What the hell? I bought candy... I am not going to forgo my TV watching and general lounging to sit alone outside to distribute candy in a costume! Also that would be extremely creepy without my wife sitting next to me...Texas is so backwards. I finally just went up to a large group of kids and unloaded copious amounts of candy and turned off my porch light and relaxed the rest of the night.... I will tell you what... my kid is going to be ringing doorbells on Halloween.. its the American way.


Anyway, here I am assembling the crib Rx's Mom got us!! Thanks so much Kathy, it is awesome!!
Assembly was a cinch and it matched our baby decor perfectly. Rx tells me that babies really care a lot about decor so everything has to match and have a theme. Our theme is froggies and our colors are coffee or expresso and sage green. I was originally thinking craigslist for the theme and "rainbow" (as in "any color under the...") for the color, but Rx has told me that our baby would grow up to be a crazy lunatic in this kind of environment.

2 comments:

chris said...

Nice work on the crib. It looks well constructed, out of sound materials.

I'm pretty sure there are some frog-rainbow connections out there if you look hard enough. Do you think Kermit will match your baby room?

JB said...

Kermit would fit in pretty well I think.