Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I would like to introduce you all to our new good friends here in Austin, Mark and Kelly. They hosted us for an "orphans" Thanksgiving this year. Here they are with their very first turkey. It turned out beautifully.



During our last visit to Madison, Mark M. and I were joking we have replaced him with another Mark down here. So, Mark and Carol, meet Mark and Kelly. Has a nice ring to it.

Here is Mark carving the glorious bird.

Here we have little Ariel (the daughter of one of Jack's lab mates) snuggling with a stuffed "Bevo". Bevo is the UT Austin mascot - he's a cool ass long horn.

This year there were no white russians for me, or Settlers, or Laurels for me to pick up, so it was a little less eventful than a couple years ago, but it was nice nonetheless.

In unrelated news, I have recently been told to start "taking it easy" and being "off my feet" more. (Apparently dehydration and working too hard can cause premature contractions, as I got to find out in the ER the other night - who knew!? Well, Marta, YOU probably knew). Taking it easy sounds nice, but not for me with my type A personality and all. But, for the sake of not having our baby 3 months early, I will give it my all.

You know that photo of Jack with the mustache? That's what greeted me after I got home from work Friday night, that and a beautifully clean house! Jack has been telling me to "sit down" a lot and that he "can get that for me"...I'm trying, I really am :) and he is doing a great job of making me feel like I can.

I also recently got an early Christmas present from Jack. This very funny and very cute T-shirt. Since I can only wear it so long, he gave it to me early. We're going to keep that bun in the oven a little longer!

So, looks like Bunny and I will be enjoying lots of TV together in the next few months!

7 comments:

Donnie & Heather said...

Heather had problems taking it easy at first also. I had to force her to sit down and drink gatorade to stay hydrated since she normally doesn't drink enough liquids in a day. Although once she started getting really big, making her sit down wasn't very hard anymore. Drink lots of water. I know you will have to pee more but that is going to happen anyway.

Roxanne said...

The doc told me 3L per day, so we bought a liter bottle from REI and I'm doing my best.
I also think I notice them when I'm really hungry - Heather, did you get that too?

~Bananas! said...

You should start playing more tetris. Once you get nice and addicted, you won't even notice that ~3 months have passed, the baby has been born, and he/she is playing along with you!

Unknown said...

How cute is that shirt??? I'm sure taking it easy is hard, it'll be well worth it in the end :) We don't want to meet the baby till February! I'm not scared by your threats of replacing us, we know we're one of a kind- HA. Happy Belated Turkey Day!

Rachel and Russell said...

Thats a great T-Shirt! Taking it easy can sometimes be more stressful than working. I like the tetris idea.

Unknown said...

What a cute shirt! I agree with the Tetris idea and maybe get the DVDs for a show you've always wanted to watch. That might get you sucked in and rested for a few days :)

Roxanne said...

I love all the suggestions - in fact, Lee, I have started renting Desparate Housewives from Netflix and I'm on season 2. May be Lost will be next :)