Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It finally happened...



The public is finally acknowledging that metros are awesome. I am totally vindicated. I own a 98 metro... The blue book value on it 3 years ago was 600 dollars, this guy just bought his 96 metro for $7300! Whoo! After all those years of ridicule, I am a vindicated!! I may die on the way home during a fender bender with a SUV, but for right now the day is mine!!!
I like this quote from the article: "Gas prices are definitely driving increased popularity in the Metro, which at times wasn't cool"
Thanks Captain Obvious, Gas prices.... really? I thought it was the sleek engineering and beauty of the metro, or maybe the luxurious spaciousness or the 0 to 60 in 25 seconds acceleration.

8 comments:

emily said...

Just this morning Casey was discussing the possibility of trading in his '92 corolla for a '98 metro. But considering the current market prices, I'm thinking that his '92 Corolla with 180,000 miles and a moldy trunk might not get him a metro.

The Original SunnyD said...

I still love my Jeep Cherokee!

j_bone_tx said...

Sunny, I didnt think you went anywhere you couldnt run, bike, or swim to. hehe

Roxanne said...

Emily - would Casey like Jack's Metro ;)

dwstaple said...

Remember when we had to push start the Metro through a field after camping on Carol's land? This isn't intended as a dig on the Metro; I just thought I'd share one of my fondest memories of the little fella.

Roxanne said...

The metro, like a fine wine gets better with age.

Rachel and Russell said...

The metro, also like a fine wine, is worth about $200. OOOHHHH. Burn!

I love you metro.

JB said...

Your whole face is $200! shut up!